splitout of samba-debug (was: Re: [SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated)

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Fri Jan 16 00:28:30 MST 2015

Hi Jelmer,

On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 23:50:17 +0100, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org>
wrote:

> This is not so urgent that we can't roll back this 10-line change and then
> coordinate the removal of Samba's public DEBUG() for 4.3.

Have you confirmed that Samba will build when configured with
--picky-developer when this patch is rolled back?

My recollection is that this patch avoided a build problem because
without samba-debug as a private library the debug-related symbols end
up up in multiple shared libraries.

I could be mis-remembering...

peace & happiness,
martin