Working with Read Only Domain Controllers(RODC).

Hemanth Thummala hemanth.thummala at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 11:47:21 MST 2015

Volker,

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly.

I believe we do not read(atleast in 3.6.12 version) the DC
properties(read-only/writable) during net join. If we chose(with auto
discovery) RODC during net join, it is going to be failed with
STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED error as we attempt create the computer(member server)
object on rodc which is not permitted.

If we contact writable DC, we found that adding the computer account to
"Allowed RODC password replication" group is mandatory. Without that
winbindd trust secret checks were failing.

Thanks,
Hemanth.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 11:29 PM, Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de