notifyd

Mon Jan 12 10:35:43 MST 2015

On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 10:46:48AM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 05:56:44PM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Attached find the notifyd work, rebased on top of current
> > master. I know it does not have signed-off by tags
> > everywhere yet, but I think it's in pretty good shape. So
> > everyone interested in faster clustered change notify with
> > clustered inotify, please take a look :-)
>
> Wow - this looks some seriously nice code !
>
> The only thing I'd ask for is some more comments
> inside smbd_notifyd_init() to point out we're
> starting a new daemon here.
>
> I'm assuming I can just push the first two patches...
>
> What do you need to get patches 3-15 in master ?

The main thing is: I'd like to go through the code with
someone. In particular the cluster replication engine has
some subtleties. Also, I'm not sure that we can make this
switch without a fall back in case something serious
happens that I did not foresee. I firmly believe it works
better than it did with the old code, but a patch that says

is a bit scary to me :-)

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de