[Announce] Samba 4.1.15 Available for Download

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Mon Jan 12 01:12:50 MST 2015

		"I'm not sure what the future holds but I do know
		 that I'm going to be positive and not wake up
		 feeling desperate. As my dad said 'Nic, it is what
		 it is, it's not what it should have been, not what
		 it could have been, it is what it is."

		 Nicole Kidman

Release Announcements
---------------------

This is the latest stable release of Samba 4.1.

Changes since 4.1.14:
---------------------

o   Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
    * BUG 10966: libcli: SMB2: Pure SMB2-only negprot fix to make us behave as a
      Windows client does.
    * BUG 10982 s3: smbd/modules: Fix *allocate* calls to follow POSIX error
      return convention.

o   Christian Ambach <ambi at samba.org>
    * BUG 9629: Fix profiles tool.

o   Samuel Cabrero <scabrero at zentyal.com>
    * BUG 11006: idl:drsuapi: Manage all possible lengths of drsuapi_DsBindInfo.

o   Günther Deschner <gd at samba.org>
    * BUG 9056: pam_winbind: Fix warn_pwd_expire implementation.

o   Guenter Kukkukk <linux at kukkukk.com>
    * BUG 10952: s4-rpc: dnsserver: Fix enumeration of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.

o   Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org>
    * BUG 9299: nsswitch: Fix soname of linux nss_*.so.2 modules.
    * BUG 10949: s4:dsdb/rootdse: Expand extended dn values with the AS_SYSTEM
      control.
    * BUG 10958: s3:smb2_server: Allow reauthentication without signing.
    * BUG 11006: Fix 'domain join' by adding 'drsuapi.DsBindInfoFallBack'
      attribute 'supported_extensions'.

o   Matthieu Patou <mat at matws.net>
    * BUG 11006: Fix 'domain join' by adding 'drsuapi.DsBindInfoFallBack'
      attribute 'supported_extensions'.

o   Christof Schmitt <cs at samba.org>
    * BUG 11034: winbind: Retry LogonControl RPC in ping-dc after session
      expiration.

o   Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org>
    * BUG 10279: s3-lib: Do not require a password with --use-ccache.
    * BUG 10960: s3-smbclient: Return success if we listed the shares.
    * BUG 10961: s3-smbstatus: Fix exit code of profile output.

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the Samba 4.1 product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

	http://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.1.15.html

Binary packages will be made available on a volunteer basis from

        http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                        --Enjoy