Setting up CTDB on OCFS2 and VMs ...

Günter Kukkukk linux at kukkukk.com
Sun Jan 11 22:43:36 MST 2015

Am 03.01.2015 um 05:15 schrieb Günter Kukkukk:
> All these failures are *expected*!
>
> So some days ago i gave up with ocfs2 - BUT today this ML thread caught my attention:
>
>   https://oss.oracle.com/pipermail/ocfs2-users/2011-January/004911.html

> By default OCFS2 is installed (and used) here with the o2cb cluster stack.
> So i now will try to replace o2cb with pacemaker. :-)
>
> I have some experience with corosync and pacemaker - so i'm now starting
> a new try with OCFS2.  :-)
>
> Will report back.
>
> Cheers, Günter
>
> --

I said i'll report back....

I finally got OCFS2 working on opensuse-13.1 using
corosync/pacemaker RAs (resource agents).

I uploaded a video to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6n42yWHGS4

Be *warned* - it's far too looooooooong!
I did that very late during the night - so at the end
of the video one might hope that i don't fall asleep... :-)

It was my *very first* screen-cast, so my tongue was
not doing what my brain was asking .... so you'll
hear mix-ups of "cluster" vs "cluster nodes" and
"interfaces" vs "cluster"  and so on.

Anyway- my kids said "you should publish it".

If i do any screen-cast again, i'll take more take! :-)

So enjoy. (use a high video resolution)

Cheers, Günter