source3/registry/reg_objects.c assumes dbrwap will be in use ...

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 14:14:38 MST 2015

Hi folks,

Now that I have gotten some aspects of Zookeeper under control, I
would like to reuse the code in source3/registry/reg_objects.c,
however, it has one big deficiency. In regsubkey_ctr_hash_keyname it
does:

        werr = ntstatus_to_werror(dbwrap_store_bystring_upper(ctr->subkeys_hash,
                                                keyname,
                                                make_tdb_data((uint8_t *)&idx,
                                                              sizeof(idx)),
                                                TDB_REPLACE));

I think I will need to change that and have different backends for the
actual storing of keys when Zookeeper or others (like etcd) are in
use.

Can anyone suggest a work-around here?

--
Regards,