[PATCHES] lib/util - cleanups, build restructuring, charset compatibility
martin at meltin.net
Tue Jan 6 20:56:02 MST 2015
On Tue, 6 Jan 2015 17:21:20 -0800, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 06:26:47AM +1100, Martin Schwenke wrote:
> > Hi Lukas,
> > On Tue, 6 Jan 2015 15:24:16 +0100, Lukas Slebodnik
> > <lslebodn at redhat.com> wrote:
> > > Could you take a look into https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11033?
> > >
> > > I might be wrong, but I suspect problem is caused by these patches.
> > Well, the problem is really caused by a dependency on broken public
> > headers that don't define what they use. ;-)
> > samba_util.h is included and it uses DEBUG(), so DEBUG() really needs
> > to be defined. Using Samba public headers that are well defined means
> Does samba_util.h use DEBUG ? I don't see that in the file.
Sorry, I was unclear and vague. :-(
samba_util.h used to define SMB_ASSERT() directly and SMB_ASSERT()
uses DEBUG(). I moved SMB_ASSERT() to fault.h when I created that file.
So I also added an include of debug.h in fault.h, and samba_util.h gets
it indirectly via fault.h.
Having thought about it more, the simplest fix/workaround is to actually
make the include of debug.h in fault.h conditional. If the including
code has already defined DEBUG() then we don't bother.
Patch attached. I've only compile-tested it but it seems
peace & happiness,
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 687 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the samba-technical