CTDB with net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind=1 (was Re: Setting up CTDB on OCFS2 and VMs ...)

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Sat Jan 3 02:22:37 MST 2015

Hi Min Wai,

On Fri, 2 Jan 2015 17:25:07 +0800, Min Wai Chan <dcmwai at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm using haproxy and keepalive for a http proxy and also mariadb cluster.
> When I was doing that I don't know that it would cause problem to the ctdb
> cluster...
>
> I think I've to move haproxy and keepalive away...
>
> Or we have any other suggestion?

I need to know whether you want to use CTDB's public IP addresses.  If
so, then I don't think we can support net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind=1 any
time soon.

If you're not planning to use CTDB's public IP addresses then I can
probably add a configuration variable and make some code changes in CTDB
to make other functionality work with net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind=1.
However, this won't make it into the Samba 4.2 release, so you might be
waiting a long time for a CTDB release with the required changes.

I don't know much about HAProxy but from reading a little bit it looks
like you could possibly use it's TCP proxying capabilities instead of
CTDB's public IP addresses.  I'm not certain about this thought.

peace & happiness,
martin