Setting up CTDB on OCFS2 and VMs ...

Rowland Penny repenny241155 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 05:57:14 MST 2015

On 02/01/15 09:26, Michael Adam wrote:
> You are both right, but that is quite frankly just a
> small improvement, and users continuing to use the system
> places don't concern me much.
> There are bigger things to be done, and we are only very
> few developers. And now the places are documented at least!
>
> Of course, patches are always highly welcome!
> As are other forms of contributions from
> documentation to mere discussions and pointing
> out problems.
>
> :-)
>
> Cheers - Michael
>
> On 2015-01-02 at 17:17 +0800, Min Wai Chan wrote:
>> Dear Michael,
>>
>> I agree to what Rowland said...
>>
>> That is users :)
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 5:05 PM, Rowland Penny <repenny241155 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Hi, a step in the right direction in my opinion, but you need to limit
>>> just what can be put in the system specific file, or they will continue as
>>> is.
>>>
>>> Rowland

OK, the lockfile now seems to work, at least I have a setting in
/etc/default/ctdb and both nodes are OK.

How have I managed this: well after reading something on a google link,
I did something, changed where 'CTDB_RECOVERY_LOCK' pointed to and it
now works.

What did I do???

I INSTALLED AND SETUP AN NFS SERVER ON ONE OF THE NODES!!!

Great, to use ctdb and samba (which is a way to share files), you have
to set up a separate way of sharing files.

Rowland