Setting up CTDB on OCFS2 and VMs ...

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Fri Jan 2 01:59:35 MST 2015

On 2015-01-01 at 23:33 +0100, Michael Adam wrote:
> On 2015-01-01 at 19:30 +0000, Rowland Penny wrote:

> > >Look for socket in "man ctdbd.conf"
> >
> > OK, tried to do as you advised, turns out there isn't a ctdbd.conf manpage
> > on debian, mind you ctdbd.conf doesn't exist either.
>
> Ah, ok... Martin has added a separate ctdbd.conf manpage in
> master. I didn't verify whether it is already in released.
> Apparently this is not the case.
>
> And right, there is no ctdbd.conf man page, but this refers
> to the file /etc/default/ctdb (on debian, or /etc/sysconfig/ctdb
> on other distros).

I *intended* to write "there is no ctdbd.conf file"
but in fact, the future version (that ships the separate
manpage will also by default look for the "config file"
ctdbd.conf in /etc/ctdb/ctdbd.conf. The system specific
places /etc/default/ctdb (or /etc/sysconfig/ctdb) will
still work but it's recommended to only use them for
settings for the initscript.

Cheers - Michael