Seeing few disconnect, connect calls intermittently

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 08:05:08 MST 2015

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 10:04 PM, sandeep nag
<sandeepnagamalli at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have done a samba export

Those are called shares in the Windows world. Export is NFS terminology.

> and I access(write,read) it from Windows
> clients. When I see logs, I am seeing disconnect, connect calls to the
> export happening at regular intervals sometimes and at irregular intervals
> intervals few times. Write/Read are going perfectly fine, there is no issue
> with data access.
>
> What could be reason for these implicit disconnect/connect calls to the
> export?

Which shares? If it is IPC$ then that is to be expected. Windows
connects and disconnects from IPC$ all the time. The protocol request
is a TreeConnect. It is defined in MS-SMB2 et al.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe