selftest: re-enable nss_winbind via nss_wrapper in the test-envs.

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Thu Feb 19 03:34:59 MST 2015

Am 19.02.2015 um 11:13 schrieb Volker Lendecke:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 11:06:36AM +1300, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>>> Maybe this is just
>>> not true with the way smbd is used in the DC environment, but
>>> I was not aware. That is the basis of my statement that I
>>> consider a DC setup without nss_winbind incomplete, or broken. :)
>>
>> OK.  But given that isn't the case, you might now understand my concern
>> with your change.
>
> Andrew, is it possible that you are talking about the ntvfs server? I can
> well believe that ntvfs does not do nss calls, smbd clearly does. Winbind
> is required to serve AD with smbd, and thus is nss_winbind. Any support
> question about this I would reject as WONTFIX.
>
> If you have legacy ntfs/winbind4 installations, the situation might be
> different, but if we run smbd in any DC test environment, nss_winbind
> is mandatory.

Currently nss_winbind is not required for smbd on a domain controller,
all testing I've done yet was without it (I tested with the source4/winbindd
on 4.0/4.1 and the source3/winbindd on master).

I'd also like to understand what changes with nss_winbindd in place,
as it should not alter the behaviour.

metze