Samba & GHOST vulnerability

Simo simo at samba.org
Mon Feb 16 08:02:58 MST 2015

On Wed, 2015-02-11 at 13:06 +0000, Moti Avrahami wrote:
> Hi
>
> We want to know whether the SAMBA is vulnerable to the GHOST (glibc) vulnerability - CVE-2015-0235.
> https://access.redhat.com/articles/1332213
>
> We are using SAMBA as a 3rd party for a CIFS implementation product.
> We'll kindly appreciate your quick answer.

Hi Moti,
we haven't done any assessment of glibc's GHOST vulnerability related to
Samba.
Samba runs on a variety of platforms and not all of them have this
vulnerability to start with (non-glibc, newer glibc, etc.).

We suggest you follow best practices and jut make sure you use a libc
that is not affected.

Regards,
Simo.

--