Curious issue with -b output when building Samba master branch

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 14:40:51 MST 2015

Hi,

when I run my own configure.xxx script that passes essentially what
RedHat passes to configure on a Samba 4.1.x build, I see the following
in the configure log,

Dynconfig[SOCKET_DIR]:
           : '/var/run'
Dynconfig[MODULESDIR]:
           : '/usr/lib64/samba'
Dynconfig[WINBINDD_PRIVILEGED_SOCKET_DIR]:
           : '/var/lib/samba/winbindd_privileged'

but MODULESDIR is different when I run smbd -b:

   LMHOSTSFILE: /etc/samba/lmhosts
   LIBDIR: /usr/lib
   MODULESDIR: /home/rsharpe/somedir/samba/bin/modules
   SHLIBEXT: so
   LOCKDIR: /var/lib/samba

Why is this? How can I force the binary to have the correct thing
because I want to be able to copy these binaries to the correct place
on a remote node and have things work correctly.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe