[RFC] [WIP] tevent/glib integration

Ralph Boehme rb at sernet.de
Wed Dec 16 14:42:24 UTC 2015

Hi Noel,

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 12:44:16PM +0000, Noel Power wrote:
> I started experimenting with trying to integrate glib with tevent,
> specifically my goal is to be able to use tracker-sparql asynchronously
> without the need for funky polling or iterating mechanisms.

I'm all ears! :)

As far as I understand it after just briefly reading this and checking
the code, we extract the relevant fds from glib and feed the into
tevent which does the polling, right?

I guess moving from collecting the fds dynamically in every tevent
loop iteration can't be changed to something more static that simply
uses tevent_add_fd() to feed the glib fds into tevent?

> p.s. Ralph I *really* hope you are interested in this and would be
> willing to test this against your spotlight stuff

you bet! This is *really* great stuff Noel, thanks! It has a few rough
edges, but I'll definitely give it a spin over the christmas
holidays. :)

Thanks!
-Ralph

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de,mailto:kontakt@sernet.de