krb5 vulnerability ?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Dec 15 01:34:35 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 05:17:59PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Interesting post here:
>
> http://dfir-blog.com/2015/12/13/protecting-windows-networks-kerberos-attacks/
>
> Still reading it myself to try and understand
> if it's a real issue of not, but thought the
> list would be interested.

Hmmm. Doesn't look real as far as I can see
(the article is full of hyperbole).

It's got lots of phrases like:

"So, if we have an access to the key.."

"if we’re able to steal those tickets and somehow
insert them into our own system"

"It’s just an account in domain controller
database, so your obviously need access to DC or it’s data."

So looks like a "if we can break the security
then we've broken the security" article :-).

Move along, nothing to see here, sorry for
the noise.