Samba DEBUG in OpenChange

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue Dec 8 01:10:35 UTC 2015

On Sun, Dec 06, 2015 at 11:14:00AM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 05, 2015 at 10:31:37PM +0000, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > > Sure. What I propose is a patch to Samba's debug.c, along
> > > the lines of f9e92fc or 1257977.
> >
> > How would that only log openchange-related NDR calls to the openchange
> > backend and the other calls to another backend?
>
> I haven't tried, but I'd say
>
> logging = openchange at ndr:10 syslog at 1 file
>
> should do it.
That would redirect *all* NDR related stuff though AFAICT, not just
that related to the Exchange DCE/RPC interfaces? It also doesn't
address the issue of the DEBUG() calls from the pidl-generated code.

I'd prefer to just override the debug function
per NDR context and then set that to something OpenChange specific.

> > Samba can't link against OpenChange, as that would create a circular
> > dependency - OpenChange already links against Samba.
>
> Right. We'd need something that both Samba and OpenChange
> can link to. It would be mainly a function that accepts a
> string.
That would make the openchange build process even more complicated
than it already is; we'd have to build that openchange debug library,
then build samba against it, then build openchange against samba.

Cheers,

Jelmer