Samba DEBUG in OpenChange

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Dec 7 20:56:00 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-12-07 at 19:53 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 11:03:28AM -0700, Christof Schmitt wrote:
> > That does not work with the current code. debug_backend_parse_token
> > just
> > calls atoi to get the log level. At this point, the logging to
> > backends
> > just filters by one log level, it is not look at the classes.
>
> Maybe OpenChange should just go and incorporate our 4.1.18 tree and
> live with it. Jelmer, would that be easier for you? This way you will
> get independent of our unintended future breakages.

Volker,

I think OpenChange has enough challenges as it is without maintaining a
fork of Samba, just as Samba needs to stop maintaining a fork of
Heimdal.

Why is the fact that this project, which provides plugins for our code
and has been an important fellow traveller for many years, is using
DEBUG quite so important?  Many of our VFS modules would also do the
same, so how is this different?

Thanks,

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba