Problem when Administrator creating files (samba4.0.4)

metaworx martin.rueegg at metaworx.ch
Sun Dec 6 18:34:11 UTC 2015

just for the records: i've come across this problem too. but actually, it is
not an issue of samba, but rather of windows. so a security setting of
windows determines if objects (files and folders) created by an administator
(thus a user in an administrator security group, e.g. "Domain Admins") is
created with the user or the group as it's owner.

Dilbert wrote
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
> ".

source:  http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52110
<http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52110>   (emphasis added)

for later OS see MS KB:  A Group Policy setting is not available in the
security policy settings list on a computer that is running Windows Server
2008 <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947721>

martin.

8hatchery wrote

*