How do I run 'make test' with MIT Kerberos

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Dec 1 22:22:31 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-12-01 at 16:44 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 December 2015 15:00:35 Andreas Schneider wrote:
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > we had 'make test' fully passing with the MIT KDC branch. But with
> >
> > https://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=71dcc76b70d8e2496
> > 24f9bf057
> > fc4fd3a44125e1
> >
> > it doesn't work at all.
> >
> > 'make test' tries to schedule tests against the 'ad_dc_ntvfs'
> > target. The
> > target is still available in selftest, but we fail to provision it,
> > because
> > selftest passes --use-ntvfs to samba-tool. samba-tool complains
> > that it
> > doesn't have such an option. There are also other targets which
> > pass the
> > option to samba-tool
> >
> > Can you please bring 'make test' back into a working state. Either
> > by
> > correctly fixing selftest or reverting the patch.
> >

> The problem is that attached patch doesn't fix the issue in the MIT
> KDC branch
>
> https://git.samba.org/?p=asn/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master
> -mit-kdc
>

> Request for unknown dcerpc interface 3dde7c30-165d-11d1-ab8f-
> 00805f14db40/1

This is because this module is only built when SAMBA4_USES_HEIMDAL.
 Should be simple enough to remove that, now it uses gnutls.

bld.SAMBA_MODULE('dcerpc_backupkey',
	source='backupkey/dcesrv_backupkey.c ',
	autoproto='backupkey/proto.h',
	subsystem='dcerpc_server',
	init_function='dcerpc_server_backupkey_init',
	deps='samdb DCERPC_COMMON NDR_BACKUPKEY RPC_NDR_BACKUPKEY krb5
hx509 hcrypto gnutls gcrypt',
	enabled=bld.CONFIG_SET('SAMBA4_USES_HEIMDAL')
	)

I hope this helps,

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba