Need help on "net ads join" fails when we have "%" in the username - 2nd Try........

Rowland Penny repenny241155 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 16:04:19 UTC 2015

On 31/08/15 16:37, Lokeshbabu Haribabu -X (lharibab - HCL TECHNOLOGIES
LIMITED at Cisco) wrote:
> Hi Rowland,
>
> Microsoft 2008 server allows you create username with % in it. I was working on bug to support special characters in domain name.
>
> Thanks,
> Lokesh

You can create a username with a '%' in it on a Samba 4 AD DC, that
doesn't make it a good idea. I personally do not know anybody whose name
contains a '%' , so why should a username contain it. Just use common
sense and disallow anything stupid, such as '%'

Rowland