Samba winbind authentication for login and sudo

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Aug 28 17:07:39 UTC 2015

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 12:28:51PM +0000, paul.a.bolton at bt.com wrote:
> Hi Samba Developers,
>
> I've been asked by my employer to look at a PoC using Samba as an
> authentication client among other things such as GPO enforcement.
>
> Whilst I've managed to get this working, when we scale to the requirements
> of (at least some) large organisations there seems to be a few features that
> would be nice to add. Some I have already coded into my demo but there are a
> few more in-depth things to do - in terms of scale think an AD domain with
> 200K users and 100K machines as a ballpark measure for the order of
> magnitude.
>
> In any case I would be keen to feedback such potential enhancements into the
> Samba codebase should you feel it is of benefit, and would be interested in
> receiving advice on the best approach to modifying Samba.

It's certainly of benefit and we'd love to work with you
on feeding any changes you need back into the Samba
codebase !

The best way to do this is to work with us directly on
the list, and submit any patches you need here for
review.

You might want to send in a copy of the email described
here:

https://www.samba.org/samba/devel/copyright-policy.html

to make it easy for us to accept any patches.

Thanks for working with us on Samba, hope it's
fun :-).

Cheers,

	Jeremy.