UID Wrapper 1.0.1 and later break 32bit samba autobuild

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 13 05:15:21 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-08-01 at 12:54 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:

> I do not think you hit a uid_wrapper bug but that your machine
> triggers a
> Samba bug!

Your commit reproducibly introduces a regression.  I would therefore
kindly ask that, as it reproduces reliably, that you investigate it.

> I completely rewrote uid_wrapper so that it works correctly. The old
> code,
> before the preloadable uid_wrapper was added, was hackish and several
> things
> were completely wrong.
>
> The current uid_wrapper code is well tested, we have 78% code
> coverage.
>
> https://mock.cryptomilk.org/viewCoverage.php?buildid=28498&status=6&d
> ir=src
>
> I would say that a uid_wrapper bug is unlikely. As it works just fine
> in
> master on my box, I would say it is a race condition in Samba!

As it happens every time, I don't see how it is a race condition, but
regardless it is a regression, and having gone to the trouble of
bisecting it back to the relevant commit, I would ask that you please
look into it.

I have a running VM that demonstrates the issue.  If you could please
put your SSH key into the team-info repo, I'll add it to the machine.

Thanks!

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba