Need Help regarding tellDir support on samba for Android

Tue Aug 4 10:46:12 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 06:51:28AM +0000, Anoop Singh wrote:
> Hi Volker,
>
> Thanks for your kind mail. I was able to debug this issue and came to conclusion that functions telldir and seekdir needs to be implemented.
> This is due to the reason I am using an Android device which doesn't have these supports.
> My Android device is based upon Bionic system. I got telldir.c file which is used in BSD system. Here is the code link
> http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~islene/2s2008-mo806/libc/sysdeps/unix/bsd/telldir.c
>
> But the same code won't work in bionic system.
>
> It would be great if you could let me know telldir.c file or how to implement telldir and seekdir in bionic system?
> Your help will be greatly appreciated.

No, sorry, I can't really tell how to extend the bionic libc. I've never
seen such a system. You might get away without telldir and seekdir
by implementing the readdir semantics in a VFS module and intercept
telldir/seekdir. You could either do the full readdir scan at opendir time
and cache the results in a fsp extension. The slightly more complicated
variant is to do the NEXT_READDIR on demand.

With best regards,

Volker

http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de