Need Help regarding tellDir support on samba for Android

Anoop Singh anoop.singh at celstream.com
Mon Aug 3 12:22:26 UTC 2015

Dear Group Members

I am working on providing samba share on my customized Android device.
I am able to share a directory but when I drop a file from windows machine to shredFolder through the network, It doesn't allow.
I see the file is getting created on the device but the content of the file is not copied means file size on the device is zero.

Here is the log.smbd pointer:

telldir not implemented on Android

  STATUS=daemon 'smbd' finished starting up and ready to serve connections PANIC (pid 26576): sys_set_vfs_quota: called with NULL pointer

I need help to fix this issue urgently.
How can we provide tellDir support on Android. Do I need to make some code replacement in samba wherever tellDir is used?

Please let me know the solution.

Thanks & regards,
Anoop.

DISCLAIMER: This electronic message and any attachments to this electronic message is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. It is the property of Celstream Technologies Private Limited. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby strictly notified not to copy, forward, distribute or use this message or any attachments thereto. If you have received this message in error, please delete it and all copies thereof, from your system and notify the sender at Celstream Technologies or administrator at celstream.com immediately.