building smbtorture nonshared

Peter Somogyi PSOMOGYI at hu.ibm.com
Sat Aug 1 21:05:20 UTC 2015

This is happening on RHEL 6.x .
The way I worked around is I made the build verbose (can't remember how),
got the extreme long gcc command, and removed the extra ndr_security_49.o
from the gcc options and executed manually.
waf was too complex for me to find where does it put the extra .o.

--
Peter Somogyi
IBM Magyarországi Kft.

"samba-technical" <samba-technical-bounces at lists.samba.org> wrote on
07/31/2015 11:53:26 PM:

> From: Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
> To: Herb Lewis <hlewis at panasas.com>
> Cc: samba-technical at lists.samba.org
> Date: 07/31/2015 11:58 PM
> Subject: Re: building smbtorture nonshared
> Sent by: "samba-technical" <samba-technical-bounces at lists.samba.org>
>
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 01:56:14PM -0700, Herb Lewis wrote:
> > Using samba-4.2.3 sources:
> >
> > I'm trying to build a version of smbtorture that is non-shared so I
don't
> > have to copy a bunch of libraries to the machine that is going to be
> > running it. I saw the --nonshared-binary option for configure but when
> > I added that to my configure command and then run "make smbtorture"
> > it fails with a bunch of "multiple definition" errors for example:
> >
> > default/librpc/gen_ndr/ndr_security_49.o: In function
> > `ndr_print_se_privilege':
> > ndr_security.c:(.text+0x97): multiple definition of
`ndr_print_se_privilege'