UID Wrapper 1.0.1 and later break 32bit samba autobuild

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Sat Aug 1 10:54:23 UTC 2015

On Saturday 01 August 2015 10:02:02 Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-07-31 at 12:23 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> > On Friday 31 July 2015 13:34:56 Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > > G'Day,
> > >
> > > I've been trying to chase down why we can't operate against the ntvfs
> > > file server in 'make testenv' (and in autobuild) on a 32 bit (eg i686)
> > > Ubuntu 14.04 VM.
> >
> > Fedora 32bit VM
> > uid_wrapper 1.1.0
> >
> > make -j test TESTS=FDPASS
> > ALL OK (11 tests in 11 testsuites)
> >
> > I do not see an issue with uid_wrapper.
>
> I'm very happy to provide you with access to the failing VM when I'm
> back at the office.  It fails also on Samba git master.

I do not think you hit a uid_wrapper bug but that your machine triggers a
Samba bug!

I completely rewrote uid_wrapper so that it works correctly. The old code,
before the preloadable uid_wrapper was added, was hackish and several things
were completely wrong.

The current uid_wrapper code is well tested, we have 78% code coverage.

https://mock.cryptomilk.org/viewCoverage.php?buildid=28498&status=6&dir=src

I would say that a uid_wrapper bug is unlikely. As it works just fine in
master on my box, I would say it is a race condition in Samba!

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org