mod_auth_ntlm_winbind patch for F5

Ахмаров Владимир ahmarov at i-teco.ru
Tue Apr 28 07:37:01 MDT 2015

Hello!

I would like to introduce patch for Apache module mod_auth_ntlm_winbind which fixes issue with F5 BIG-IP HTTP health monitor. By F5's design HTTP health check is trying basic authorization with HTTP header "Authorization: Basic BASE64_ENCODED_STRING". And if on this first request web server will return header "WWW-Authenticate: NTLM" BIG-IP will try to do NTLM authentication. By default Apache's winbind module checks for authentication header and verifies config to be sure to use Basic authorization. I have patched file to send WWW-Authenticate: NTLM in response with Basic authorization request and NTLM authorization configured in httpd.conf file.

See https://github.com/akhmarov/winbind

Kind regards,
Vladmir Akhmarov