Release early, Release often

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Apr 27 17:23:55 MDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-04-27 at 18:03 -0500, Scott Lovenberg wrote:

> Doesn't this also raise the issue of release cycles for related and
> dependent packages?  Just off the top of my head, cifs-utils (which,
> at times, relies on a minimum kernel release) and clustered tdb would
> have to be somewhat on cycle with the Samba release to keep things
> sane, right?

As I understand it, CTDB releases as part of Samba now, but I'll let the
folks involved there comment further.

Our other internal libraries release when needed, from the Samba tree,
and we rely on those versions in the main release.

cifs-utils is entirely separate, and has an independent release cycle
and git tree.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/