Upgrading to samba 4.2

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Apr 20 05:35:14 MDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 13:12 +0200, Daniele Dario wrote:
> I'm looking for the safest way to upgrade my two samba 4.1.14 DCs to
> 4.2.1. From the tarball I saw that the only advice is to backup the
> sensible folders (private, etc, var, sysvol) before to run make install
> but in a scenario with more than one DC I think that it should be better
> to trust on the second DC than use a backup am I right?

I am also interested in this.  I have a domain of three 4.0 S4 DCs; and
would like to move forward.

Any reports of experiences with this would be appreciated.

I am using the SerNET RPMs. Can I just upgrade the DCs one at a time to
the current releases?

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383