Should I run make test as root

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 20:59:01 MDT 2015

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 3:15 PM, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2015-04-18 at 15:05 -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In running make test I noticed things failing because it could not do
>> things it needed to, like creating files in system places.
>>
>> Should I run the test as root?
>
> No, if it needs root that is a bug.
>
> What things were writing out the build root?

I saw these errors:

/home/rsharpe/samba/samba.master-secrets/bin/winbindd: mkdir failed on
directory /usr/local/samba/var/cores: No such file or directory
/home/rsharpe/samba/samba.master-secrets/bin/winbindd: Failed to
create /usr/local/samba/var/cores for user 1000 with mode 0700
/home/rsharpe/samba/samba.master-secrets/bin/winbindd: Unable to setup
corepath for winbindd: No such file or directory

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe