Query regarding patent on compounding of request

anupam aggarwal aggarwal.anupam07 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 23:45:49 MDT 2015

Thanks David and Andrew!
As a developer when trying to check the technical parts, I obtained some
key features and tried to map it using the Microsoft Patent Mapping Tool.
And I got the list where these certain features are marked under patent.
But, I checked the Samba usability - and found that these features are
supported. So, as a first point - before directing the query to the legal
team, may be it is better to get opinion of SAMBA team on these features,
may be there is a patent violation? i.e., why I posted a query to get any
opinion on this.

Yes, PFIF is one thing as you shared - but may be PFIF does not accounts
for patents. It will help only for new development using SMB Protocol.

Please guide if there is any inputs on this.

Regards,
Anupam