[Release Planning 4.2] Samba 4.2.0rc1 scheduled for Wednesday, October 1 (was: Monday, September 22)

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 19:14:00 MDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 4:58 AM, Karolin Seeger <kseeger at samba.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Sep 08, 2014 at 09:44:10PM +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> > Samba 4.2.0rc1 is scheduled for Monday, September 22.
> >
> > https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Release_Planning_for_Samba_4.2
> > has been updated accordingly.
>
> Samba 4.2.0rc1 will be delayed. Some important things need to be
> discussed/finished first (CTDB releases e.g.).

What's the problem with CTDB releases?

As I discussed with Michael and Metze, CTDB should be bundled as part of
Samba 4.2 release.  The only issue I know of is that currently CTDB needs
to be built separately from ctdb/ sub-directory.  However, Martin is
working on getting CTDB build integrated in the top-level build.  Is there
anything else?

Amitay.