Samba profiling actually used?

Wed Sep 10 13:12:01 MDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 02:32:47PM -0400, Ira Cooper wrote:
> commit 90b1a1d29623c6c2abc86e2571b535a7832dd376
> Author: Ira Cooper <samba at ira.wakeful.net>
> Date:   Thu Jul 1 17:51:41 2010 -0400
>
>     s3: Add SMB2 performance counters.
>
>     A performance counter was added for every base type of SMB2 op.
>
> There are further commits to clean up the look of that commit.

Hmm. Ok. Thanks.

For perfcounts I've got a specific design in mind that is
really minimal impact. Once per some interval each smbd
writes its statistics into a record of its own into a
mutexed tdb. On demand a net (or any other command) walks
that tdb (I want to add a lightweight traverse for that) and
summarizes its findings. I'm asked to do per share
statistics with some flexibility for expansion. For example,
in the future we might want to add more internal statistics
like "how many requests did we send to ctdb, and how long
did we have to wait". This would mean a third mechanism. We
could do that, but I'm not sure I like that.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de