smbd panic at find_oplock_types().

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Sep 9 18:11:08 MDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 02:23:29PM -0700, Hemanth Thummala wrote:
> Hi Volker,
>
> Thanks for quick patch. From these changes, I understood that we are trying
> to skip any shared mode entry found in lock database with mid as zero.
> Shouldn't we be restricting to add the database if we have mid as zero. May
> be I am trying to understand the reason for keeping the shared mode entries
> made by internal opens.

To prevent other smbd's from granting oplocks on the base
file. They need to have a share mode entry to achieve that.
There might also be some interaction needed with delete on
close. My guess is that with your patch one or more of the
other tests will fail (but I haven't checked :-).

I think Volker's fix is the correct one, but I'll have to
spend some time going through it carefully tomorrow before
pushing it :-).

Jeremy.