Latest xfstest results

Pavel Shilovsky piastryyy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 00:22:02 MDT 2014

> These are good suggestions - working through 215 and 313 is turning
> out to be a little more complicated than I expected though.
>
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Christoph Hellwig <hch at infradead.org> wrote:
>> Seems like most of your issues are time stamp updates, so you
>> should look into that area a lot more.  Some that I know off head what
>> the issues are:
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 10:33:14AM -0500, Steve French wrote:
>>> QA output created by 215
>>>
>>> creating test file
>>> 4096+0 records in
>>> 4096+0 records out
>>>
>>> writing via mmap
>>> FAIL: mtime not update after mapped write
>>> FAIL: ctime not update after mapped write
>>
>> missing file_update_time call in cifs_page_mkwrite.
>
> Just adding that didn't fix it - but will look further into it. Maybe
> server is delaying updating mtime and getting reset back to original
> time stamp during revalidate.  Need to debug further.

As for 215 tests: we are setting the superblock flags to MS_NODIRATIME
| MS_NOATIME during mounting (684 line, cifsfs.c). Then in cifs_iget()
we are setting inode->i_flags to S_NOATIME | S_NOCMTIME (929 line,
inode.c).

In file_update_time() we are checking for IS_NOCMTIME(inode) and exit
if it's true. So, this call does nothing for cifs and not change to
behavior.

--
Best regards,
Pavel Shilovsky.