Flexible Single-Master Operations (FSMO) documentation

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Tue Sep 2 02:25:23 MDT 2014

Hi Marc,

> I wrote a major extension of the FSMO documentation:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Flexible_Single-Master_Operations_%28FSMO%29_roles
>
> We often had questions on the list about the FSMO roles and the
> consequences, when DCs owning roles are offline.
>
> I hope this will be a good reference.

That looks like a nice start, thanks!

A note that this mostly reflects the Windows world would be good.
As doesn't implement every role and the implemented roles are not completely
implemented.

Also the DomainDnsZones and ForestDnsZones Partitions have their own
Infrastructure
fSMORoleOwner, which is currently not handles by samba-tool fsmo.

metze