Current SMB2 leases patchset (WIP).

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Thu Oct 30 22:51:01 MDT 2014

Hi Jeremy,

>>> here's a first independent patchset set that can go to master now.
>>> Mostly the strict rename patches.
>>>
>>> The rest of the patches is in the following branch:
>>> https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master3-leases
>>>
>>> I'll post more review details on the rest once I looked at it more closely.
>>
>> Also, I have to say I'm *very* concerned about the rewrite
>> here.
>
> Ok, ok - I had a long chat with Michael, who
> reassured me this was not a rewrite, just a
> misunderstanding of how you and he use git.
>
> But man, the changesets in that branch look
> like alien technology to me :-) :-) :-).

Yes, that's real work in progress, sorry :-)

All the commit && revert && commit things are to keep the original patch
while adding comments and fixes on top.

Without git rebase -i and git diff (with all kind of options) I would
be lost completely...

The key is that we have isolated patches which are ready for master
on their own and more or less trivial to review and verify on their own.

A patch with 24 files changed, 1382 insertions(+), 259 deletions(-)
is a bit to much for my brain to review...

At the end we can look at the diff compared to the original patchset
and check if the fixes make sense.

metze