winbindd stuck at getaddrinfo.

Hemanth Thummala hemanth.thummala at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 16:03:33 MDT 2014

Hi Richard,

In our case, nmbd was running fine. We have verified the daemon status and
it was running.

Patching getaddrinfo with "poll instead of kevent" was also not helpful.
Would like to know if heimdal version of getaddrinfo() will actually
address this issue. I am trying to compile these changes right now.

In general getaddrinfo() doesn't have any timeout option. Having timeout in
resolv.conf is only way to configure the timeout for DNS responses. But the
results are inconsistent for me with these resolv.conf changes.

Thanks,
Hemanth.