Current SMB2 leases patchset (WIP).

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Oct 30 09:53:53 MDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 04:15:03PM +0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> here's a first independent patchset set that can go to master now.
> Mostly the strict rename patches.
>
> The rest of the patches is in the following branch:
> https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master3-leases
>
> I'll post more review details on the rest once I looked at it more closely.

Also, I have to say I'm *very* concerned about the rewrite
here.

Remember, the existing patchset has been tested
to production status at a vendor who has strict
requirements.

It took a *lot* of back and forth code changes,
some from the vendor who identified bugs (which
you didn't see as I was working with them directly)
to get this code to the point where they are willing to
run in production.

Now you've broken the logic into bits and are
trying to put it back together again and ensure
it still works.

That may be OK, but such a sweeping changeset
from what is already working is going to have
to be qualified again - putting us back to
square one in test status.

I'm not sure this is the correct approach.

Jeremy.