Status and demo of SMB3 Multi-Channel in Samba

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Thu Oct 23 15:31:48 MDT 2014

On 2014-10-23 at 22:11 +0200, Ralph Böhme wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 08:06:19AM +0200, Michael Adam wrote:
> > we are working on implementing SMB3 Multi-Channel in Samba.
> > The wiki page https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba3/SMB3
> > contains details about our plans for the various items
> > of SMB3, and multi-channel in particular.
> >
> > The current state can be found in Metze's and my
> > master3-multi-channel branch:
> > https://git.samba.org/?p=obnox/samba/samba-obnox.git;a=shortlog;h=master3-multi-channel
> > https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master3-multi-channel
> >
> > Since the WIP code is already working to a great extent, I have
> > created a screencast of a demo.  It can be downloaded here:
> > http://www.samba.org/~obnox/videos/samba-smb3-multi-channel-demo-20141021-1.mkv
> >
> > or watched directly on vimeo: https://vimeo.com/109683912
> >
> > I have also written a blog post with a couple of explanations:
> > http://blog.obnox.de/demo-of-smb3-multi-channel-with-samba/
>
> awesome!
>
> Can you share the Powershell commmands you were using in the
> screencast?

Yeah:

Get-SmbConnection
Get-SmbMapping
Get-SmbClientNetworkInterface
Get-SmbServerNetworkInterface
Get-SmbMultiChannelConnection [-IncludeNotSelected ]
Update-SmbMultiChannelConnection

Interestingly, by appending a filter pipe to these commands,
one can produce more output, e.g.:

Get-SmbMultiChannelConnection | fl * | more

To be able to refer to that later on, I dumped that into here:
http://blog.obnox.de/powershell-cheat-sheet/

Cheers- Michael