Continuous Normalisation error for attribute whenCreated when performing dbcheck

Andreas Oster aoster at novanetwork.de
Thu Oct 23 02:47:42 MDT 2014

Hi all,

This is a re-posting of a thread I have already opened on the general
list, but for which I did not get/find a solution:

-->
Since the migration of our old Win2k domain to Samba4 some years ago
I get a lot of errors like the following when doing a
"samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix" :

ERROR: Normalisation error for attribute whenCreated in
CN=rpc-Ns-Group,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=samdom,DC=com
value '19700101000000.0Z' should be '16010101000000.0Z'
Fix normalisation for whenCreated from
CN=rpc-Ns-Group,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=samdom,DC=com? [YES]
Normalised attribute whenCreated

This repeats 1000+ times for many different entries.

The samba-tool unfortunately does not fix the issue because when I start
it a second time it will complain again, this time with values switched
around:

value '16010101000000.0Z' should be '19700101000000.0Z'

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this ?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

best regards

Andreas