How to verify Samba RPM Files?

Vince George (vincgeor) vincgeor at cisco.com
Wed Oct 22 16:57:35 MDT 2014

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but the -v verification check suggested in the link you offered is to check on already installed rpm packages.

I am concerned about the integrity of the RPM files and authenticating signatures of the files I have just downloaded from the internet before installing them to ensure they have not been tampered with in any way! The -K option apparently does this but you can see from the output of the two command-lines I invoked that it cannot verify the signatures and complains " NOT OK (MISSING KEYS: GPG#f4428b1a)".  I am thinking I need to supply a public key file using the -rcfile option.

For example, for the latest release link on the  www.samba.org page they provide a link (http://ftp.samba.org/pub/samba/samba-pubkey.asc) to a public key for verification of the gunzip'ed file.

So it's back to the question of how to validate the integrity of the RPM files and authenticate the signatures? Where can I get the relative public keys?

Thanks... Vince