[PATCHES] CTDB logging rework
martin at meltin.net
Thu Oct 16 21:53:01 MDT 2014
This reworks much of the CTDB logging subsystem. Main points are:
* Bug fix to put a newline back at the end of messages logged to file
* Remove the separate CTDB log daemon.
* Add syslog via UDP logging, as per RFCs 5424 and RFC5426.
This provides the same functionality as the current CTDB log daemon
but outsources the implementation to the syslog daemon. :-)
* Modular backends.
* Remove debug levels DEBUG_EMERG, DEBUG_ALERT and DEBUG_CRIT.
CTDB has too many debug levels and the above are incompatible with
Samba's debug code. This keeps DEBUG_ALERT and DEBUG_CRIT as
internally defined to DEBUG_ERR to avoid code churn. DEBUG_EMERG is
* Single CTDB_LOGGING option (corresponding to --logging daemon
option). Valid values are:
Default remains file:...
Please review and push if OK.
These patches are in my ctdb-logging branch:
Still to do:
* Handle debug_extra at backend initialisation time.
* Use debug.[ch] file and syslog backends directly instead of using
callbacks for everything.
* Move the syslog UDP backend into debug.[ch] as an option.
The only real nit here is that this code needs a hostname. The above
code uses the samba-util get_myname() function, which does charset
things... so this probably isn't desirable to pull into debug.[ch].
The hostname could be passed into the backend initialisation,
probably via setup_logging(). I'm interested in alternatives... :-)
peace & happiness,
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 92361 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the samba-technical