DFSR client side support

Davor Vusir davortvusir at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 14:22:52 MDT 2014

** Skickat från mobilusken! **

Den 1 okt 2014 09:43 skrev "Matthieu Patou" <mat at samba.org>:

> Hello all,
>
> As a result of last week IO lab (InterOperability) with Microsoft I have
a quite descent implementation of DFSR client side in my dfs-r branch
located at http://git.samba.org/?p=mat/samba.git;a=log;h=refs/heads/dfs-r

> It's limited to one content set per replica group but it should be ok for
most cases. The code is not ready for prime time yet as it relies on the
work of Stephan ('Metze') on new DCERPC infrastructure.

> Also for the moment the files are downloaded in a staging directory and
not installed into the target dir. The idea here is to have a python script
doing the job of putting the file in the target directory as it's not super
time critical and it should save a lot of time by not having to write lot
of boiler plate code.

> I have some ideas on how to write the server side part, it's actually not
very complicated once you have the good information in a database on what
has changed.

Inotify, http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inotify, to populate the database?

Regards
Davor Vusir

That's why the first part of the implementation will be writing a tool that
looks for file/directory change events and assign a frstrans_Update
structure (plan is to store it in a a tdb database with the gvsn as the key
and the structure as  the data).