updating a pair of samba 4 AD DC
samba at dm.cobite.com
Fri Oct 10 07:19:26 MDT 2014
I have a pair of samba AD DC for our single domain which are running,
4.0.1 and 4.0.5. There are quite a few issues with these servers which
I'm sure you all can imagine, given the vintage.
The issue is that for a long time the "samba-tool dbcheck" was in flux
and I was never sure exactly what the recommended procedure was.
So now I'd like to upgrade them to 4.2 next week (or so).
Here's my approach:
- shut down 4.0.1 server. update sw. restart
- shut down 4.0.5 server. update sw. restart
- shut down former 4.0.1 server
- run "dbcheck" etc. on the remaining running server
- restart both servers sequentially
Does this seem correct?
In general, what is the sw update path when more than one server is
running in a domain?
More information about the samba-technical