Patch: Implement FSCTL_LMR_REQUEST_RESILIENCY

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 15:45:04 MDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 7:29 AM, Richard Sharpe
<realrichardsharpe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> There are indications that HyperV requires the server to implement
> FSCTL_LMR_REQUEST_RESILIENCY, so I have a proposed implementation of
> it.
>
> Attached is a patch for both FSCTL_LMR_REQUEST_RESILIENCY and a small
> torture test for it (doesn't do much as yet.)
>
> Eventually, we will also have to deal with the GUID-tagged blob that
> is an Extra Info (Extra Create Parameter) that was in the CREATE
> request that precedes the FSCTL as well, I imagine.

While we are arguing about all the abstruse technical details, the
people I did this work for have reported that this change, along with
one other thing, seems to be enough to have HyperV create a Virtual
Disk on a Samba server, start the VM and install Windows.

I hope to be able to write up the steps involved soon.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe