Patches to upstream for uid_wrapper

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Thu Oct 9 00:58:40 MDT 2014

On Wednesday 08 October 2014 22:29:03 Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Hello Andreas,

Hi Matthieu,

> Andrew did 2 patches that are needed in order to run make test with
> address sanitizer

the first patch is incorrect. I've pushed a correct fix upstream. As there is
no release yet it hasn't been backported. I will do a new release soon. Robin
Hack has some bugfixes for threading support in preparation.

For the second patch I already gave NAK and sent details to Andrew. So here
they are for your and the rest.

You can turn off address sanitizer for certain functions!

https://code.google.com/p/address-sanitizer/wiki/AddressSanitizer#Turning_off_instrumentation

So we can simply blacklist the functions in uid_wrapper and socket_wrapper
which are problematic.

Create a file 'address_sanitizer.blacklist' with the following content:

fun:libc_vsyscall
fun:libc_vfcntl
fun:libc_vioctl
fun:libc_vopen

-fsanitize-blacklist=address_sanitizer.blacklist

Please fix it this way.

Thanks,

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org