I/O pattern of smbd / optimization of disk subsystem

Jones jones.kstw at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 02:14:24 MDT 2014

Hello MinWai,

Hmm i think so because after followed the instructions as the pdf said,
command filefrag told that my linux box got probably the same result.

Upload 1000 files with size 2.6MB (2682880 Bytes) as test patterns,
strict allocate = yes could ease the fragments.

And im not sure if this helps performance improvement,
it might take a bit to do some testing later.

my linux box:
file system: ext4
kernel-3.4.6
samba-4.0.5