samba_spnupdate invoked oom-killer ( samba BUG )

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Oct 6 12:19:36 MDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-10-04 at 11:50 +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 02, 2014 at 06:56:04AM +1300, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> > > Well, if I only had time now to get this upstream :-(
> >
> > Is this something I can help with?
>
> You might want to take a look at the attached patchset. This
> is what I've dug out of my huge messaging mess. It compiles,
> but right now I don't have the time to even do some simple
> tests. At least that's the direction where I want to go
> eventually.
>
> Maybe you already have some comments.

Looking over them quickly, I did want to re-assure you that putting the
messaging sockets in the lock directory is quite reasonable, as I see
it, because like other lock files, they may/should be removed by the OS
on reboot.  Perhaps put both the privileged and public sockets under the
lock dir?

(That said, there isn't any practical or philosophical reason the cache
dir it isn't used, either just accidents of history or quite possibly
there hasn't been any caches in that code yet!)